designer cases and coolers ..etc..etc

Share here your ideas for new projects

Moderators: odroid, meveric, mdrjr

designer cases and coolers ..etc..etc

Unread postby phaseshifter » Sun Mar 19, 2017 9:11 am

i see quite a few designs of cases and water colling systems..
but more often than not you have to make them yourself.
.unless you have a machine workshop it`s almost rather impossible to make them your self..

so the point being should HARDKERNEL take on some of these designs to offer to the users..i see some great models made by users..

it`s all well and good to see what people have made but if they are going to produce these items
then users are going to want them so how do they go about obtaining these items.

i understand that there are other issues with h-k taking on to manufacture and supply of such items..

sorry is this comment seems harsh but it`s much like waving candy in front of a child and not giving it to them...!!!
phaseshifter

languages_spoken: english
ODROIDs: opp sys.. ubuntu ..c1+ ..c-2..xu3 ,xu4...
acc`s vu7,c-shell ,uart,hi-fi ,,hi-fi2,,show,w-board,6x16GB emmc`s 3.5 inch touch...other odroid acc`s as well

Re: designer cases and coolers ..etc..etc

Unread postby mad_ady » Sun Mar 19, 2017 3:57 pm

We're all grown men (and women) here and should be able to resist temptations :)
I think the problem with HK manufacturing multiple accessories is that they must be able to sell them and make a profit. This means large manufacturing batches and a high risk of remaining with unsold inventory. So it's risky for a small business
mad_ady

ODROIDs: XU3, C1+, C2

Unread postby phaseshifter » Sun Mar 19, 2017 7:08 pm

i do agree with you and understand what you are saying.
maybe there needs to be a sub forum for these such item "after market accessories"..
.for those who can create and manufacture them ..
so that the user can see what is up for offer from these people
phaseshifter

ODROIDs: opp sys.. ubuntu ..c1+ ..c-2..xu3 ,xu4...
acc`s vu7,c-shell ,uart,hi-fi ,,hi-fi2,,show,w-board,6x16GB emmc`s 3.5 inch touch...other odroid acc`s as well

Unread postby deafcat » Wed Mar 22, 2017 1:14 am

If I were HK I wouldn't be making fancy metal cases either. It's most practical to stay focused on what really matters, the electronic hardware and it's accompanying peripherals and software integration.

Plenty of other folks making fancy aftermarket stuff. both the XU4 and C2 have awesome aluminum cases available (both very low cost too).

edit: at least, I'm pretty sure I saw XU4 cases for sale?
deafcat

languages_spoken: english, french
ODROIDs: C2, XU4

Return to The Ideas