Ubuntu 16.04 SSH issue

Moderators: odroid, mdrjr

Ubuntu 16.04 SSH issue

Unread postby KC7NOA » Fri Feb 17, 2017 6:44 am

OK .. iv got the latest image running and fully updated ...

I cant SSH into my X2. I have made a new user and set privileges and password, i can log in at the keyboard but using the same user/pass refuses to log in ....
Is this some issue with the image or have i missed something ?
KC7NOA

languages_spoken: english
ODROIDs: Odroid-X2(blown HDMI output)
Odroid-C2 to replace X2

Re: Ubuntu 16.04 SSH issue

Unread postby meveric » Fri Feb 17, 2017 6:51 am

make sure openssh-server is installed, it's not always by default. Also check on /etc/ssh/sshd_config to make sure that password login is actually allowed.
You might try to add your public key to .ssh/authorized_keys as well, which might work if password login is disabled.
Donate to support my work on the ODROID GameStation Turbo Image for U2/U3 XU3/XU4 X2 X C1 as well as many other releases.
Check out the Games and Emulators section to find some of my work or check the files in my repository to find the software i build for ODROIDs.
If you want to add my repository to your image read my HOWTO integrate my repo into your image.
meveric

languages_spoken: german, english
ODROIDs: ODROID-X2,ODROID-U2,ODROID-U3,ODROID-XU-Lite, ODROID-XU3, ODROID-XU3-Lite, ODROID-C1, ODROID-XU4, ODROID-C2

Re: Ubuntu 16.04 SSH issue

Unread postby KC7NOA » Sat Feb 18, 2017 1:56 am

Well .. i figured it out .. and i admit that i did re-install ssh-server before i noticed this discrepancy ....

I had added a new user and set to admin privileges ...

The new user for some reason has odroid added to the end -- though it does not show on the login screen nor does it show in the user control window. Its shown exactly as i had made it ....

The user i added was kc7noa ... but when i opened a mate terminal ... kc7noaodroid@odroid was shown ....

When i SSH from another computer with kc7noaodroid/password i can gain access ...
KC7NOA

languages_spoken: english
ODROIDs: Odroid-X2(blown HDMI output)
Odroid-C2 to replace X2

Return to Ubuntu