[OS] Debian Jessie (arm64)

Moderators: odroid, mdrjr

Re: [OS] Debian Jessie (arm64)

Unread postby yuhany » Tue Jan 31, 2017 12:38 am

My C2+kodi+LG TV of CEC works well, but usable TV remote constller bottons are limited(seven bottons:left,right,up,down,OK,cancel).
I wish I had more buttons available.(Play,Stop,Red,Green....).
yuhany

languages_spoken: english
ODROIDs: C1+ & C2

Unread postby meveric » Tue Jan 31, 2017 8:15 am

I'd suggest to use lirc and setup your remote as a IR remote rather than using CEC, that way you can configure as many buttons as you like.
Donate to support my work on the ODROID GameStation Turbo Image for U2/U3 XU3/XU4 X2 X C1 as well as many other releases.
Check out the Games and Emulators section to find some of my work or check the files in my repository to find the software i build for ODROIDs.
If you want to add my repository to your image read my HOWTO integrate my repo into your image.
meveric

languages_spoken: german, english
ODROIDs: ODROID-X2,ODROID-U2,ODROID-U3,ODROID-XU-Lite, ODROID-XU3, ODROID-XU3-Lite, ODROID-C1, ODROID-XU4, ODROID-C2

Unread postby best_odroidfreak » Sun Feb 05, 2017 12:31 am

meveric wrote:realtime Kernel for Odroid C2.

Since a while ago, the stock Linux kernel has proven to be adequate for realtime uses. The stock kernel (with CONFIG_PREEMPT=y, default in Debian) can operate with a worst case latency of upto 10ms (time between the moment an interrupt occurs in hardware, and the moment the corresponding interrupt-thread gets running), although some device drivers can introduce latency much worse than that. So depending on your hardware and driver (and requirement), you might want a kernel with hard realtime capabilities. The RT_PREEPMT patch by Ingo Molnar and Thomas Gleixner is an interesting option for hard and firm realtime applications, reaching from professional audio to industrial control. Most audio-specific distro Linux ships with this patch applied. A realtime-preemptible kernel will also make it possible to tweak priorities of IRQ handling threads and help ensure smooth audio almost regardless of the load.
Please explain if Debian/Ubuntu 64 for Odroid has this patch for best sound quality yet?
See those links :
http://odroid.com/dokuwiki/doku.php?id= ... _rt_kernel
http://pengutronix.de/software/linux-rt/debian_en.html
https://lwn.net/Articles/445417/
https://github.com/hardkernel/linux/com ... 51f09cc220
best_odroidfreak

Unread postby meveric » Tue Feb 07, 2017 4:01 am

Default Kernel/Config from HardKernel has no RT patches activated.
Donate to support my work on the ODROID GameStation Turbo Image for U2/U3 XU3/XU4 X2 X C1 as well as many other releases.
Check out the Games and Emulators section to find some of my work or check the files in my repository to find the software i build for ODROIDs.
If you want to add my repository to your image read my HOWTO integrate my repo into your image.
meveric

ODROIDs: ODROID-X2,ODROID-U2,ODROID-U3,ODROID-XU-Lite, ODROID-XU3, ODROID-XU3-Lite, ODROID-C1, ODROID-XU4, ODROID-C2

Unread postby best_odroidfreak » Tue Feb 07, 2017 6:48 am

meveric wrote:Default Kernel/Config from HardKernel has no RT patches activated.

Would you so kind as to activate RT patches in your Debian 64 image for Odroid c2?
best_odroidfreak

Unread postby meveric » Tue Feb 07, 2017 7:39 am

the image has nothing to do with it.. It's a Kernel feature, and no I don't have any plans for doing that on the moment.
Maybe at a later point in time I might add alternative RT Kernel builds, but only a few people want them at the moment, and it's only useful in very few cases.
meveric

Re: [OS] Debian Jessie (arm64) md5?

Unread postby supervisorerror » Tue Feb 07, 2017 1:38 pm

Where is the sha256sum for this file? Where is the md5sum for this file? Don't most tech savvy websites put a md5sum/sha256sum/sha512sum with the image to make sure all the 1s and 0s are there?
supervisorerror

ODROIDs: u2 c1

Unread postby odroid » Tue Feb 07, 2017 2:35 pm

@supervisorerror
The md5sum values are available in the same location.
http://oph.mdrjr.net/meveric/images/Jessie/
odroid
Site Admin

languages_spoken: English
ODROIDs: ODROID

Unread postby best_odroidfreak » Tue Feb 07, 2017 4:48 pm

meveric wrote:the image has nothing to do with it.. It's a Kernel feature, and no I don't have any plans for doing that on the moment.
Maybe at a later point in time I might add alternative RT Kernel builds, but only a few people want them at the moment, and it's only useful in very few cases.

Many people interested to use Odroid C2 for HiFi music streaming and watching TV.

Please explain if I can follow this guide to increase volume controls at max. Can I use ALSA plugin as preamlifier?
FIX: Enable the alsa pre-amp.
1) Edit/Create /etc/asound.conf and add
pcm.!default {
type plug
slave.pcm "softvol"
}
pcm.softvol {
type softvol
slave {
pcm "dmix:1,0"
}
control {
name "Pre-Amp"
card 1
}
min_dB -5.0
max_dB 20.0
resolution 6
}
WHERE: “dmix:1,0” is card 1 and device 0
2) Reboot
3) After you reboot a PREAMP control is supposed to appear in your mixer controls but, it doesn't due to a quirk. To get it to appear, open and close a media player (mplayer, dragon player or etc.). After you do this, it should appear in the mixer (you may have to SELECT CONTROLS to see it). When you reboot, it will disappear again until you open a media player. To make it 'stick', set your alsa volumes to where you want and run “alsactl store”. The PREAMP controls should appear normally after that.
best_odroidfreak

Unread postby meveric » Tue Feb 07, 2017 6:04 pm

best_odroidfreak wrote:Many people interested to use Odroid C2 for HiFi music streaming and watching TV.

No they are not; YOU are, and YOU are not many! And writing a sentence in bold doesn't make it true.

best_odroidfreak wrote:Please explain if I can follow this guide to increase volume controls at max. Can I use ALSA plugin as preamlifier?

No clue, try it and see if it works.
meveric

Unread postby best_odroidfreak » Tue Feb 07, 2017 7:00 pm

meveric wrote:
best_odroidfreak wrote:Many people interested to use Odroid C2 for HiFi music streaming and watching TV.

No they are not; YOU are, and YOU are not many! And writing a sentence in bold doesn't make it true.

Please see a topics about best Bit-Perfect Audio Player for $70
http://www.head-fi.org/t/795895/a-70-bi ... dio-player
http://www.runeaudio.com/forum/why-odro ... t3141.html
http://hackaday.com/2016/03/02/odroid-c ... eral-ways/
best_odroidfreak

Unread postby meveric » Tue Feb 07, 2017 7:28 pm

First link is mainly about RPi not ODROIDs.
Second link is about ODROID C1+ not the ODROID C2.
Third link is about C2 being better in several things as the RPi3.

None of the links has anything to do with using or demanding ODROID C2 as a "bit-perfect" Audio player.
meveric

Unread postby best_odroidfreak » Tue Feb 07, 2017 8:18 pm

meveric wrote:First link is mainly about RPi not ODROIDs.
Second link is about ODROID C1+ not the ODROID C2.
Third link is about C2 being better in several things as the RPi3.

None of the links has anything to do with using or demanding ODROID C2 as a "bit-perfect" Audio player.

But a real-time kernel can still be very useful on a Linux audio platform. If you need the lowest latencies possible and tight timing (for live MIDI applications for instance) a real-time kernel might still be your best resort. But if you're mainly recording, a standard kernel or an optimized kernel (like the low-latency kernel Ubuntu offers) will suffice probably.
Conventional PCI has a shared bus topology and also suffers from only being able to address a limited number of IRQ's. So besides PCI devices sharing interrupts they could also get into each other's way because of
”lengthy transactions by some devices, due to slow acknowledgments, long data bursts, or some combination, which could cause buffer underrun or overrun in other devices”4). It's successor, PCI-X, suffers less from PCI bus latency because it uses higher bandwidths, but it's still using a shared bus topology unlike the latest PCI standard, PCIe. PCIe is “based on point-to-point topology, with separate serial links connecting every device to the host”5). > >So if you're using conventional PCI sound cards, you might want to consider maximizing the PCI latency timer of the sound card and raising the latency timer of all other PCI peripherals a bit (default is 64). This may sound counter-intuitive but “the PCI latency timer determines how long a device may own the PCI bus for … Therefore, if your system allowed the video interface to hog the PCI bus for a relatively long time, but limited the audio interface to only short periods of bus ownership, then audio performance will suffer. > >The script … resets *all* devices to an acceptable middle-of-the-road timer setting, then specifically allows the audio interfaces to own the bus for even longer.”6)

#!/bin/sh

case $1 in
start)
# "open up" the PCI bus by allowing fairly long bursts for all devices, increasing performance
setpci -v -s "*:*.*" latency_timer=b0

# maximise latency for RME Hammerfall, thus allowing
# more data per PCI transfer and minimizing xruns
setpci -v -s 01:04.0 latency_timer=ff
# ditto for the onboard AC97 audio interface
setpci -v -s 00:07.5 latency_timer=ff
esac

exit 0

Source of the script: http://lists.linuxaudio.org/pipermail/l ... 44371.html

Question remains in how far adjusting the PCI latency timer affects performance for PCI-X devices. PCIe doesn't suffer from PCI bus latency because of its different topology. Besides, PCIe devices have their PCI latency timer set to 0 and the setpci command simply doesn't change anything, setting latency_timer=ff on PCIe devices still yields a setting of 0.
See one more link Odroid or Raspberry Pi2 vs PC for audio: http://www.computeraudiophile.com/f10-m ... ndex3.html
best_odroidfreak

Unread postby best_odroidfreak » Fri Feb 10, 2017 2:54 pm

End of live kernel 3.14.79.

It looks like the Linux kernel maintainers have decided that there's no need to maintain the Linux kernel 3.14 LTS series anymore, so earlier today, September 11, 2016, they decided to release that last maintenance update, version 3.14.79, and mark the series as EOL (End of Life).
Famous Linux kernel maintainer Greg Kroah-Hartman was the one to make the big announcement, and he's urging users who want to still run a long-term supported kernel version to move to the Linux 4.4 LTS series.
best_odroidfreak

Unread postby meveric » Sat Feb 11, 2017 1:35 am

meveric

Unread postby best_odroidfreak » Sat Feb 11, 2017 11:14 pm

meveric wrote:http://forum.odroid.com/viewtopic.php?f=135&t=23795

see this topic user comments about new kernel viewtopic.php?f=135&t=22717&start=150
best_odroidfreak

Unread postby sash11 » Wed Feb 15, 2017 11:37 pm

lepniak wrote:Hi everyone!
I am new on this forum. On this week a bought Odroid C2 and install Debian version from @maveric.
Everything is ok. I configured network, user, locale settings, etc. but I stopped when try installing Unifi Controller and Plex Media Server.

When I try install mongodb-* separate:
Code: Select all
root@odroid:~# apt-get install mongodb-10gen
Reading package lists... Done
Building dependency tree
Reading state information... Done
E: Unable to locate package mongodb-10gen
root@odroid:~# apt-get install mongodb-10gen:armhf
Reading package lists... Done
Building dependency tree
Reading state information... Done
E: Unable to locate package mongodb-10gen

You can try stretch (testing branch) for arm64 Debian here: https://packages.debian.org/stretch/arm64/apt/download
It has mongodb and all other prereqs. Just edit /etc/apt/sources.list file by adding a line, i.e.
deb http://ftp.de.debian.org/debian stretch main
Then run apt-get update and install the package of your choosing.
Last edited by sash11 on Thu Feb 16, 2017 5:47 am, edited 1 time in total.
sash11

Unread postby Kalasnyikov » Thu Feb 16, 2017 4:55 am

Hello,

there is a chance to be ready for the new version of Kodi?

Very thank you
Kalasnyikov

ODROIDs: ODROID-C2

Unread postby meveric » Thu Feb 16, 2017 5:47 pm

Kalasnyikov wrote:Hello,

there is a chance to be ready for the new version of Kodi?

Very thank you

I only tried compiling it once and that wasn't with much success, the logo came but after that it was only a black screen.
I have to check into it.
meveric

Unread postby danderson198 » Fri Feb 24, 2017 3:04 am

Having a problem with firefox iceweasel and firefox esr with this image. They launch then crash. Tried to launch from terminal and get segmentation fault error.
Is there a way to fix this? Installed chromium also got errors.
danderson198

ODROIDs: Odroid C2

Unread postby meveric » Fri Feb 24, 2017 7:42 am

danderson198 wrote:Having a problem with firefox iceweasel and firefox esr with this image. They launch then crash. Tried to launch from terminal and get segmentation fault error.
Is there a way to fix this?

FireFox is known to have issues under arm64.. only version 48 and higher are working correctly, but Debian has version 45 which does not work.
But iceweasel does work if you install the correct version:
apt-get install iceweasel=38.8.0esr-1~deb8u1
apt-mark hold iceweasel

danderson198 wrote:Installed chromium also got errors.

Chromium is working fine on C2. Please make sure you follow the instructions on the first post for Chromium.
meveric

Unread postby checktravis » Fri Feb 24, 2017 11:13 am

i installed Debian-Jessie64-1.0~RC2-2016-03-10-C2.img.xz and dist-upgraded. There is a hang after i reboot through ssh, I have to force close the connection.

I think I have solved this issue in the past but will have to google again to refresh my memory, but wanted to post here as well to support this project. I'm just glad to have a arm64 debian image to work with, thanks for your hard work.

*update*
This seems to have resolved the issue:
apt-get install libpam-systemd dbus

And make sure UsePAM is Yes in config
grep -i UsePAM /etc/ssh/sshd_config

Source: http://unix.stackexchange.com/a/268726
checktravis

ODROIDs: odroid-c2

Unread postby meveric » Fri Feb 24, 2017 9:13 pm

good to know, wonder if it works reliable, since this is a known issue with ssh and systemd.
meveric

Unread postby danderson198 » Sat Feb 25, 2017 11:58 pm

meveric wrote:
danderson198 wrote:Having a problem with firefox iceweasel and firefox esr with this image. They launch then crash. Tried to launch from terminal and get segmentation fault error.
Is there a way to fix this?

FireFox is known to have issues under arm64.. only version 48 and higher are working correctly, but Debian has version 45 which does not work.
But iceweasel does work if you install the correct version:
apt-get install iceweasel=38.8.0esr-1~deb8u1
apt-mark hold iceweasel

danderson198 wrote:Installed chromium also got errors.

Chromium is working fine on C2. Please make sure you follow the instructions on the first post for Chromium.

Got iceweasel working now! Thanks for the reply!
danderson198

ODROIDs: Odroid C2

Unread postby fvolk » Sat Mar 04, 2017 1:54 am

So I started with a brand new image of Debian-Jessie64-1.0~RC2-2016-03-10-C2.img

I run "apt-get update && apt-get upgrade && apt-get dist-upgrade" once, nothing else, and reboot.

After running "apt update" again I get:

All packages are up to date.
W: GPG error: http://www.deb-multimedia.org jessie InRelease: The following signatures couldn't be verified because the public key is not available: NO_PUBKEY 5C808C2B65558117

I'm not a Debian guy, but intuitively, a basic update of all packages shouldn't cause an error?
fvolk

ODROIDs: C2

Unread postby meveric » Sat Mar 04, 2017 8:58 am

it's not an error, it's a warning.
It just means you're missing the key for that repository.
There are different ways to fix this. For example just starting setup-odroid will take care of it, or you can manually install the required keyfile:
apt-get install deb-multimedia-keyring

that's all.
meveric

Unread postby jawr » Sat Mar 04, 2017 9:48 pm

Hi everyone,

i just got my C2 2 days ago and installed this debian image. I really like the work, especially the installer for installing a desktop environment and kodi. Kodi runs fine, streaming full hd videos from my nas runs perfect. One thing i am missing. I cant find the pvr addon enigma2/vu+ for streaming tv from vu+ duo2 box. Anyone got this working and could help me to set this up?

Another question: On the first post you said kodi could be installed with hardware acceleration, does this mean the kodi version installed by the installer was especially compiled for the c2?

Regards,

jawr
jawr

languages_spoken: german,english

Unread postby meveric » Sun Mar 05, 2017 7:47 am

jawr wrote:One thing i am missing. I cant find the pvr addon enigma2/vu+ for streaming tv from vu+ duo2 box. Anyone got this working and could help me to set this up?

Have you installed kodi-addons-odroid as a package? It should have all the PVR addons available.
If not you can install it with apt-get install kodi-addons-odroid

jawr wrote:Another question: On the first post you said kodi could be installed with hardware acceleration, does this mean the kodi version installed by the installer was especially compiled for the c2?

Yes, this version is especially for the C2 based on the work of @Oversun
meveric

Unread postby jawr » Wed Mar 08, 2017 5:05 pm

Thanks for your reply. I didn't know that there is a package kodi-addons-odroid. I've now installed it. If it works i can say the nexat days, my C2 is actually not connected to a TV.

I got another question regarding the official remote (I bought the set from pollin with the official remote)

Does the package mentioned here:

http://odroid.com/dokuwiki/doku.php?id= ... ller_linux

work for the debian image, so i just have to install this package and the remote should work?

Regards,

jawr
jawr

Unread postby meveric » Wed Mar 08, 2017 5:41 pm

if you updated the image (as mentioned in the first post) you can simply start setup-odroid.
There's an option to activate lirc and autoconfigure the remote from HK. Nothing else to do.
It will work directly within Kodi without any changes necessary.
meveric

Unread postby jawr » Wed Mar 08, 2017 5:50 pm

Perfect, thanks!
jawr

Unread postby jawr » Thu Mar 09, 2017 4:52 pm

Everything, including PVR is working fine now. I'd like to do one more thing. I'd like to start kodi from my remote controller.

There are 2 possibilities i can imagine

1. By pushing the home Button when i'm on my desktop i'd like to start kodi if that is possible, or is the home button working no longer in kodi?
2. Starting kodi with X by pushing the home button and if i exit kodi, kodi will exit and X is stopped (X stopped because it's just not needed if i exit kodi and save a few resources). It would be nice if X wouldn't start with the system, first starting with kodi after pushing the home button.

I don't know if 2. can be done. Any ideas, solutions for this?

Regards,

jawr
jawr

Unread postby meveric » Thu Mar 09, 2017 10:01 pm

jawr wrote:Everything, including PVR is working fine now. I'd like to do one more thing. I'd like to start kodi from my remote controller.

There are 2 possibilities i can imagine

1. By pushing the home Button when i'm on my desktop i'd like to start kodi if that is possible, or is the home button working no longer in kodi?

My idea, create a script that is checking if Kodi is running, if yes, then it does nothing, if no, it starts kodi. That way it won't interfere with kodi when it's running and you can use the button to start kodi if not.
for example:
su -
echo '#!/bin/bash
running=`pidof kodi.bin`
if [ $? -eq 1 ]; then
    kodi
fi' > /usr/local/bin/start-kodi
chmod +x /usr/local/bin/start-kodi

Not sure if this will work correctly, maybe you have to start kodi in background with "kodi &" or so, you have to try that.
After that you go into the settings of your Desktop and define a new keyboard shortcut under MATE for example under System -> Preferences -> Keyboard Shortcuts.
Just add a new one and map it with the button on your remote.
since the scrip will only start Kodi if it's NOT running, pushing the button while Kodi is up and running has no effect and the button should work as normal in Kodi.

jawr wrote:2. Starting kodi with X by pushing the home button and if i exit kodi, kodi will exit and X is stopped (X stopped because it's just not needed if i exit kodi and save a few resources). It would be nice if X wouldn't start with the system, first starting with kodi after pushing the home button.

I don't know if 2. can be done. Any ideas, solutions for this?

Regards,

jawr

This one I don't know. I doubt terminal has any shortcuts if you press a single button, so that won't work that way.
meveric

Unread postby jawr » Thu Mar 09, 2017 11:08 pm

Thanks, i will try it.

Just add a new one and map it with the button on your remote.

Which file do i have to edit to map the shortcut to the button on my remote?

Regards,

jawr
jawr

Unread postby meveric » Fri Mar 10, 2017 1:47 am

jawr wrote:Which file do i have to edit to map the shortcut to the button on my remote?

None, if you're using a desktop there should be a setting for shortcuts and you just ADD a new one.
Editing a file is not possible since this is normally stored in gsettings and such, it's rather complected to do this from console and involves a lot of commands you need to type if you actually want to do it from a terminal/console.
Therefore just use the setting that comes with the desktop environment.
meveric

Unread postby jawr » Fri Mar 10, 2017 6:02 am

I use lxde. I put this

<keybind key="KEY_HOMEPAGE">
    <action name="Execute">
      <command>kodi</command>
    </action>
  </keybind>

into my ~/.config/openbox/lxde-rc.xml

IT doesn't work. Im not sure if KEY_HOMEPAGE is the value i must use. irw Shows this value when i hit the home button.

Regards,

jawr
jawr

Unread postby meveric » Fri Mar 10, 2017 6:21 pm

even IF this would work, this would be a very bad idea, since this would always start kodi when you press the button, even if it's already running -> probably not the best idea
did you do a openbox --reconfigure after you changed the file?
meveric

Unread postby jawr » Mon Mar 13, 2017 9:16 pm

I know thats not a good idea, it's only for a test to start kodi directly. Even a reboot didn't got it working. The only way to get it working is to start a terminal on my lxde session and start irexec and configure a lircrc file where i can execute programs when pushin a button on my remote.

lircrc example:

begin
  prog = irexec
  button = OK
  config = kodi
end

The i tried to start the irexec daemon during startup as cronjob. irexec will start as a daemon but does not work because irexec somehow needs to be started in the x session. I will look how to start a terminal and exec irexec -d within this terminal when my lxde desktop is loaded.

Regards,

jawr
jawr

Unread postby mad_ady » Tue Mar 14, 2017 3:25 am

Try starting irexec either from a service or from /etc/rc.local. Note that by default it will run as root (and so will all programs started by it). You can prefix the commands with DISPLAY=:0
mad_ady

ODROIDs: XU3, C1+, C2

Unread postby jawr » Thu Mar 16, 2017 1:22 am

I found a solution for what i want, just enable X when kodi is needed.

At first i disabled the autostart of X with:

systemctl set-default multi-user.target

Then i created a script in /etc/inetd to start irexec at startup.

The only thing to do then is to create an action for my remote controller when i push my KEY_RED on the remote, i put this in my /etc/lirc/lircrc

begin
  prog = irexec
  button = KEY_RED
  config = su odroid -c "/usr/bin/xinit /usr/bin/dbus-launch /usr/local/bin/kodi-standalone -- :0 -nolisten tcp vt7"
end

I dont really know if dbus-launch is needed in this case, i found this here:

http://www.richud.com/wiki/Ubuntu_Minimal_KODI_Install

So the C2 boots up and X is just started when i hit my KEY_RED on my remote controller, when i exit kodi then X will automatically stop too.

Regards,

jawr
jawr

Unread postby jawr » Tue Mar 21, 2017 5:51 pm

Kodi and all things like remote control run fine now, so i was looking around in the system and recognized the following 2 things:

systemctl
● mnt-vu.mount                                                                              loaded failed failed    /mnt/vu
● systemd-modules-load.service                                                              loaded failed failed    Load Kernel Modules

At first i checked the systems-modules.load:

systemctl status systemd-modules-load
● systemd-modules-load.service - Load Kernel Modules
   Loaded: loaded (/lib/systemd/system/systemd-modules-load.service; static)
   Active: failed (Result: exit-code) since Tue 2017-03-21 09:38:54 CET; 2min 13s ago
     Docs: man:systemd-modules-load.service(8)
           man:modules-load.d(5)
  Process: 11711 ExecStart=/lib/systemd/systemd-modules-load (code=exited, status=1/FAILURE)
 Main PID: 11711 (code=exited, status=1/FAILURE)

Mar 21 09:38:54 odroid-jessie64 systemd-modules-load[11711]: Failed to find module 'lp'
Mar 21 09:38:54 odroid-jessie64 systemd-modules-load[11711]: Failed to find module 'ppdev'
Mar 21 09:38:54 odroid-jessie64 systemd-modules-load[11711]: Failed to find module 'parport_pc'
Mar 21 09:38:54 odroid-jessie64 systemd[1]: systemd-modules-load.service: main process exited, code=exited, status=1/FAILURE
Mar 21 09:38:54 odroid-jessie64 systemd[1]: Failed to start Load Kernel Modules.
Mar 21 09:38:54 odroid-jessie64 systemd[1]: Unit systemd-modules-load.service entered failed state.

And then the mount problem:

systemctl status mnt-vu.mount
● mnt-vu.mount - /mnt/vu
   Loaded: loaded (/etc/fstab)
   Active: failed (Result: exit-code) since Thu 1970-01-01 01:00:07 CET; 47 years 2 months ago
    Where: /mnt/vu
     What: //192.168.178.22/Harddisk
     Docs: man:fstab(5)
           man:systemd-fstab-generator(8)
  Process: 355 ExecMount=/bin/mount -n //192.168.178.22/Harddisk /mnt/vu -t cifs -o guest,rw,_netdev,iocharset=utf8 (code=exited, status=32)

Jan 01 01:00:07 odroid-jessie64 mount[355]: mount error(101): Network is unreachable
Jan 01 01:00:07 odroid-jessie64 mount[355]: Refer to the mount.cifs(8) manual page (e.g. man mount.cifs)
Jan 01 01:00:07 odroid-jessie64 systemd[1]: mnt-vu.mount mount process exited, code=exited status=32
Jan 01 01:00:07 odroid-jessie64 systemd[1]: Failed to mount /mnt/vu.
Jan 01 01:00:07 odroid-jessie64 systemd[1]: Unit mnt-vu.mount entered failed state.

So i got 2 questions:

1. Is there a way to wait for network startup before the mount part is executed?
2. Are the modules which can't be found needed or should i blacklist this modules, if so, how can i do this.

Regard,

jawr
jawr

Unread postby meveric » Tue Mar 21, 2017 6:18 pm

hmm I mount cifs over /etc/fstab and it's working just fine even when I just use WLAN. Means upon boot I don't have network at all and only a minute after the desktop is up or so the network connects and automatically mounts my share, so that should work fine no matter when the network is established.

yes lp and ppdev are missing and are for parallel printer support.
They are loaded through cups, if you check /etc/modules-load.d/cups-filters.conf
You can out-comment all modules here, since these are only for old parallel printers.
Gonna add that to my next setup-odroid update. Thanks for notifying.
meveric

Unread postby jawr » Tue Mar 21, 2017 6:43 pm

Ok, i have out-comment the modules in /etc/modules-load.d/cups-filters.conf.

I want to mount cifs over /etc/fstab too, but for some reason i have to do this on my own because of the problem i posted.

Like i said some posts ago i disabled the autostart from my X Server to run it just with kodi. I recognized following then. When i boot the C2 the last message that is printed on screen is something with my ethernet link, it seems to get ready at last.

dmesg |grep eth0
[    0.397810] eth0: PHY ID 001cc916 at 0 IRQ POLL (stmmac-0:00) active
[    0.397820] eth0: PHY ID 001cc916 at 7 IRQ POLL (stmmac-0:07)
[   26.584139] IPv6: ADDRCONF(NETDEV_UP): eth0: link is not ready
[   26.913611] IPv6: ADDRCONF(NETDEV_UP): eth0: link is not ready
[   30.903046] IPv6: ADDRCONF(NETDEV_CHANGE): eth0: link becomes ready

Seems like eth0 is getting ready to late?

Regards,

jawr
jawr

Unread postby meveric » Tue Mar 21, 2017 6:52 pm

yep, but sadly that's normal.
What you could do is trying to remount in a slow loop until the device is ready.
Probably in /etc/rc.local do a while loop with a mount -a and a sleep 5 or 10 until the device is found.
But also make an escape if it takes too long (probably after 90seconds or so).
meveric

Unread postby mad_ady » Tue Mar 21, 2017 8:14 pm

You can try _net_dev as a mount option in fstab (that should make it wait for network) or use autofs which mounts things on first use.
mad_ady

Unread postby jawr » Tue Mar 21, 2017 10:16 pm

You can try _net_dev as a mount option in fstab

This option is set in my fstab, doesn't work, so i will try the autofs option.
jawr

Unread postby jawr » Tue Mar 21, 2017 11:15 pm

The autofs mount works perfect, thanks for the hint.

Regards,

jawr
jawr

Unread postby mad_ady » Wed Mar 22, 2017 2:36 am

I know that _net_dev works on Fedora systems. Might be Fedora specific.
mad_ady

Unread postby bloodangel78 » Sat Mar 25, 2017 7:56 pm

Thanks for this image.
It works great. Perfect for web development.

You can add in your first topic or directly in the image this package to have the wifi Module 0 working ;)
apt-get install firmware-ralink
bloodangel78

languages_spoken: english, french

Unread postby meveric » Sat Mar 25, 2017 8:43 pm

That's kinda basic linux knowledge.. If you type dmesg, it will actually tell you that you're missing a firmware, if you search for the firmware name, you will get firmware-ralink as a package name to install.

You can even install firmware-linux which is a meta package for many different firmware packages.
Thing is, if you don't need it, why installing it? That's why it's not installed by default. Not everyone uses WiFi Module 0, other don't require this firmware or require different firmware, even others may want to use special DKMS drivers instead.
meveric

PreviousNext

Return to Other OS