I am experiencing a very annoying problem.
I always powered my Odroid C2 with a DC 5V2A PSU and a USB to microUSB cable, and always had the J1 jumper installed (as the wiki says...). I have a SanDisk microSD with Odrobian.
It worked flawlessly, never had a problem.
Yesterday I decided to buy a USB to DC jack cable because I wanted to use the Over-voltage protection feature which you don't get powering the board with the otg port. I removed the J1 jumper (again, as the wiki says...) but now the board won't boot anymore. When I power on the PSU, the red led is on and the blue led never starts blinking, so the boot process doesn't start.
- The PSU is the same, 5V2A stable DC, I changed only the cable (and the port on the board, from OTG to DC jack)
- I checked the voltage with a voltmeter between GPIO pins 2/6 (I got 4.7 V, ok) and 1/6 (I got 3.1 V, ok) so the voltage is ok. (http://www.hardkernel.com/main/products/prdt_info.php?g_code=G145457216438&tab_idx=2
- Powered with NO device inserted (no usb devices, no ethernet, absolutely nothing), still not booting
- Powered with NO device inserted and with HDMI cable, no info on the screen, not booting. (This was a useless check, but you never know...)
- Installing the Jumper again, and using the old OTG cable, the board starts properly, so I assume it's not a PSU problem nor a SD card problem.
- I don't have a serial cable
- PSU: https://www.amazon.it/gp/product/B00JWXT6BK/ref=oh_aui_detailpage_o07_s00?ie=UTF8&psc=1
- OTG power cable: https://www.amazon.it/gp/product/B01HB5EQJW/ref=oh_aui_detailpage_o07_s00?ie=UTF8&psc=1
- USB to Jack cable: https://www.amazon.it/gp/product/B00UTJGQWI/ref=oh_aui_detailpage_o00_s00?ie=UTF8&psc=1
Based on the tests above, I assume that:
- This is not a PSU fault
- not SD fault
- not OS flashing fault
I think that the USB to DC jack cable is not working, but it may be the DC power input port on the board as well.
Thank you guys, this is driving me crazy.