[SOLVED] Cannot find a working OS

Moderators: odroid, mdrjr

[SOLVED] Cannot find a working OS

Unread postby jes49 » Fri Feb 17, 2017 1:10 am

I recently bought a C1+ to run Kodi. However, I cannot find an OS that will run. I have tried three versions of Android (4.4.2, 4.4.4, 5.1.1) and two versions of Openelec (6.0.2, 7.0.0). All .img files were found on the Hardkernel Odroid site or thru this forum. Android 4.4.2 and 5.1.1 would not boot. Android 4.4.4 would boot but would freeze after several minutes with no warning. Both versions of Openelec would boot but had problems. Openelec 6.0.2 ran very slow and once powered down would not reboot without a fresh install (the blue light was off when powered down). Openelec 7.0.0 also ran slow and would either freeze or not power down (would reboot instead). Could someone point me to a stable OS for running Kodi or do I maybe have a bad C1+. Thank you.
jes49

languages_spoken: english
ODROIDs: C1+

Re: Cannot find a working OS

Unread postby mrneilypops » Fri Feb 17, 2017 1:41 am

I run DietPI on my C2 and it is very stable.
I don't use Kodi but there is a guide on the DietPi site;
http://dietpi.com/phpbb/viewtopic.php?f=8&t=7
mrneilypops

ODROIDs: XU3-lite,XU4,C2(x2)

Unread postby joerg » Fri Feb 17, 2017 2:58 am

What power supply do you use? Remember that your power supply must be able to deliver stable 2A. Many of the phone power supplies only deliver 1A.Do you use emmc or sdcard? If sdcard, please let us know the model.
On my two C1 all the Android versions run stable.
joerg

languages_spoken: german, english, espaƱol
ODROIDs: C1, C1+, C2

Unread postby jes49 » Fri Feb 17, 2017 4:00 am

I bought the recommended power supply for the C1+ at the Odroid website. My sdcard is a 16GB SanDisk Ultra Plus.
jes49

Unread postby meveric » Fri Feb 17, 2017 6:48 am

jes49 wrote:I recently bought a C1+ to run Kodi. However, I cannot find an OS that will run. I have tried three versions of Android (4.4.2, 4.4.4, 5.1.1) and two versions of Openelec (6.0.2, 7.0.0). All .img files were found on the Hardkernel Odroid site or thru this forum. Android 4.4.2 and 5.1.1 would not boot. Android 4.4.4 would boot but would freeze after several minutes with no warning. Both versions of Openelec would boot but had problems. Openelec 6.0.2 ran very slow and once powered down would not reboot without a fresh install (the blue light was off when powered down). Openelec 7.0.0 also ran slow and would either freeze or not power down (would reboot instead). Could someone point me to a stable OS for running Kodi or do I maybe have a bad C1+. Thank you.

Please make sure to download the correct images. It's rather easy to accidentally download a wrong image (for example an ODROID C2 image or an ODROID XU3) which won't work on the C1.
Double check the file name and make sure they have a "c1" tag in the name.
If you're unsure, just post the complete filenames you downloaded here in the forum.
Donate to support my work on the ODROID GameStation Turbo Image for U2/U3 XU3/XU4 X2 X C1 as well as many other releases.
Check out the Games and Emulators section to find some of my work or check the files in my repository to find the software i build for ODROIDs.
If you want to add my repository to your image read my HOWTO integrate my repo into your image.
meveric

languages_spoken: german, english
ODROIDs: ODROID-X2,ODROID-U2,ODROID-U3,ODROID-XU-Lite, ODROID-XU3, ODROID-XU3-Lite, ODROID-C1, ODROID-XU4, ODROID-C2

Unread postby jes49 » Sat Feb 18, 2017 3:32 am

I now have Kodi running on my C1+ using DietPi. Thank you mrneilypops. I had never heard of DietPi before. And the Android .img files I used did have "C1" in the name (the OpenELEC .img files came from links I found in this forum).
jes49

Unread postby mrneilypops » Sat Feb 18, 2017 4:27 am

@ jes49
So pleased I could help you!
I have tried a few C2 ARM distros and DietPi ranks highly in my personal opinion.
Enjoy!
mrneilypops

ODROIDs: XU3-lite,XU4,C2(x2)

Return to Issues